Following a General Meeting of the Leinster Water Polo Clubs in the Skylon Hotel, Dublin, on Monday Jan 27th 2020, the Leinster Branch Executive and Committee for 2019/20 are:
Chair: Shea Cope
Treasurer: Joan Hynes
Secretary: Eoin Boyle
Leinster Representative on NWPC: Mick Kelly
Committee Members: Barry Hanley, Duncan Mullaney, Greg O'Dwyer, Colin Creagh
Fixtures: Eoin Boyle (Juniors), Seniors TBC
Click here to view an update issued January 30th 2020 by the new Executive Officers. (This was emailed to Club Secretaries on Jan 30th).
The Leinster Junior Fixtures for Season 2019/20 along with results so far can be seen here.
Published August 15th 2019 by Leinster Secretary Will Dolan
1: All players must be registered with Swim Ireland
2: Age group of Junior Leagues and Cups align with the National Leagues and Cups
- U11 (2009
- U13 (2007)
- U15 (2005)
- U16 (2003)
- U19 (2000 as Nat. Cup is held in Nov)
3: For Leinster Senior Cups players are only allowed play in a cup division related to their national league, therefore
- A Named National Division 1 player can only play in the Division 1 cup
- A Named National Division 2 player can play in the Division 1 or 2 Cup
- If a player has played a National League Division 1 or ISC match in the last two seasons they cannot play division 3 Cup
- Players can only play 1 Senior cup game on the day of the finals
4: For Leinster Senior Leagues players the following will apply,
- Maximum of 5 National Division 1 players are allowed be on the team sheet for a Leinster Division 2 match.
- Each team must name 10 players that will play in Division 2 only, these players cannot play in Division 3
- If a player has played a National League Division 1 or ISC match in the last two seasons they cannot play division 3
Effective from the start of the 2019/20 Season.
Leinster Water Polo, in association with our partners at Swim Ireland and Ireland Water Polo held our inaugural Water Polo Coaches Clinic featuring renowned Irish water polo player and Coach Gary O'Brien over the weekend of July 10-12th 2015.
This was a hugely successful weekend with more than thirty coaches from Leinster, Ulster and Connacht attending classroom sessions at Swim Ireland HQ as well as a skills and techniques demonstration and three well-attended practical coaching demonstration sessions at the National Aquatic Centre.
Regarding CPD points: Amanda from Swim Ireland has taken the sign-in sheets from the four sessions at the Coaches Clinic and accredited CPD points (3 per session) to each attendee. The CPD information should be associated with your profile when you call to renew your coaching/teaching credential.
Full details and some photographs are available on our Coaches Clinic 2015 page